Laser treatment for unwanted hair is a non-invasive approach to permanent reduction and long-term hair removal.
We use a Candela GentleLase PRO, which is FDA Approved, CE Approved and TGA listed as highest-grade medical laser with gold standard wavelengths 755nm light for treatment of unwanted hair, benign pigmented lesions, vascular lesions and wrinkle reduction.
Our Laser Specialists are fully qualified, certified and trained laser therapists.
"OMG, finally a pain-free laser"
We have a Dynamic Cooling Device fitted onto our laser machine making it the most comfortable laser on the market. You literally feel like cold gas is being sprayed onto your skin!
You will experience no downtime & large areas can be treated quickly and effectively due to our larger spot size options.
We can also treat most skin types, and most hair colours, unlike older or inferior lasers which are limited to light skin colours and dark hairs only.
How does Laser Hair Removal work?
Laser light targets the pigment in the hair follicle.
Heat is absorbed and destroys the cells lining the hair follicle specifically around the bulb, bulge, and vascular supply, enabling the hair to grow back.
The FDA allows us this definition:
- “long-term stable reduction in the number of hairs re-growing after a treatment regime”
- Laser hair removal affects hair follicles only when they are in the Anagen or growth phase. This means more than one treatment is necessary to disable hair follicles that subsequently enter the growth phase.
- You will need at least 3 treatments of laser to see complete result.
Yes – you will need a Laser Consultation with us first
We conduct a consultation with every client before the treatment:
- To identify the area to be treated and advise you how to prepare the area before treatment.
- To fully explain the process and what to expect
- To perform a patch test to identify the appropriate energy level for you and to advise of the cost of your treatment program.
- Shave hair with a new razor 24-48 hours prior to treatment
- No spray tanning, sun tanning or excessive sun exposure at least two weeks prior to treatment.
- No plucking, waxing, tweezing, epi-lady for 6 weeks prior to treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure & apply a 30+ SPF Sunscreen
- No plucking, waxing, tweezing, epi-lady for 6 weeks after treatment or at all during your course of treatments – shaving is ok.
- No sauna’s, spa’s, exercise, heating up of body or skin for 24 hours post laser.
We charge on laser time not area as we find this is the fairest way for our customer’s as not all people’s hair growth areas are the same size, so why should you pay the same price?
We also have one of the fastest laser’s on the market, so most areas take 5-15 minutes max, and most people only need about 4 treatments!
A list of cost for areas are below however keep in mind that this is just a guide, during your consultation your therapist will know exactly how much time you need – in most cases you will find it will be quicker than are areas below as we have done them with a very generous amount of time.